This position requires excellence in performing multiple psychotherapies including, but not limited to, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioral, mindfulness, behavioral activation, dialectical behavioral, interpersonal, supportive, motivational interviewing, graded exposure and ritual prevention, solution-focused, desensitization, couples, family, grief, and trauma therapies. Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing is also preferred. Such therapies will be provided in both one-to-one and group settings. The therapist will be responsible to complete initial intakes for the behavioral health program. The therapist will make a clinical decision on the care that is recommended following the intake. The patient may be referred to see the Psychiatrist, may remain with the therapist for Psychotherapy or may see both providers, based on the patient’s needs and their acceptance of treatment options. The therapist will work collaboratively with the behavioral health team (psychiatrist, case manager and behavioral health medical assistant) directly and with primary care providers indirectly. Treatment plans will be developed, maintained and adjusted over the course of treatment for each patient. The therapist will monitor patients in a patient registry and aid in making recommendations for a portion of these patients by record review without actually seeing the patients. The therapist will contact patients at predefined intervals for those patients who are missing appointments, meeting treatment plan goals, or as otherwise required. The therapist will coordinate care and ensure patients obtain referrals to outside sources or back to their primary care team after completing treatment plan goals. Upon discharge from specialty services, the therapist will implement a relapse prevention plan with each patient. The therapist will also perform initial assessments of patients. While the preferred mode of delivering care is person-to-person, telemedicine services may also be used. Position is responsible for the management of psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute diseases. The application of behavioral principles to address lifestyle and health risk issues. Emphasis is on prevention and self-help self-approaches, partnering with patients in a treatment approach that build resiliency and that builds and encourages personal responsibility for health. Provides consultation and co-management in the co-treatment of mental disorders and psychosocial issues. Working within a fully-integrated, multidisciplinary model within our primary care Health Centers.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Provide behavioral health services to children, adults, and families as part of the continuum of care.
- Completes initial intake and diagnostic assessments on all clients referred into the Behavioral Health Program. Develops initial treatment plans and updates treatment plans to include age appropriate clinical interventions/objectives/goals that are observable and measurable.
- Provides quality clinical consultation to providers and staff in areas of individual, family, child and adolescent, regarding mental and behavioral health related issues
- Assessment and DSM-V/ICD-10 diagnostics for patients referred by medical staff of Adelante Healthcare
- Provides brief, evidence based, solution focused behavioral interventions with active development of psychotherapeutic/psychoeducational Behavioral Change Planning
- Cultivates education, administration, and self-management skills for targeted populations with psychological issues impacting physical and/or behavioral health issues
- Promotes Adelante Practitioners knowledge of patient behavioral health issues and provider’s education to assist with enhancing primary care utilization of behavioral health interventions
- Promotes a smooth interface between care provided throughout the organization and the communities specialized mental/behavioral health system
- Collaborates and co-manages the patient’s behavioral health care with consistent, expeditious feedback to referring practitioners
- Provides on-site availability for crisis triage and intervention
- Documents the clinical behavioral health aspect of patient interventions and tracks the patient referrals to specialty behavioral health care.
- Attends monthly department staffing and weekly supervision meetings.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Adelante Healthcare policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted.
- Reports to work at the start of the shift 98% of the days scheduled. Follows the work rotation schedule. Explains and gives proper notification of absenteeism, as outlined in the facility Policies and Procedures. Attends a minimum of 98% of the staff meetings. Reads and signs off on all minutes of the meetings not attended. Participates in committees as assigned. Maintains 100% attendance at mandatory skill/departmental updates. Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements and Behavioral Health Policies and Procedures.
- Must be available during off hours as position may include some “on call” responsibilities needed by Mercy Maricopa.
- One-year of full-time employment is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records and office computers and software.
- This position must work with (PCP, Integrated Behavioral Health Team, medical assistants, nursing, others) and report to (Program manager, Psychiatrist, CMO, others)
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish preferred
Locations of Positions
- Adelante Goodyear – 13471 W Cornerstone Blvd, Goodyear, AZ 85395
- Adelante Surprise – 15351 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374
- Adelante West Phoenix – 9610 N Metro Pkwy W, Phoenix, AZ 85051
- Adelante Peoria – 15525 N 83rd Ave #104, Peoria, AZ 85382