Valle del Sol Community Health (valledelsol.com), a leader in whole-person care with a rich legacy of community impact, seeks a strong operationally focused CEO to lead the organization through a transition of significant importance. Reporting to and working closely with a dedicated volunteer board of directors, this leader is ultimately responsible for the patient and employee experience and the organization’s overall health.
About the organization:
Valle del Sol (VdS) Community Health was founded in 1970 to fill a gap in behavioral health and social services
available to the Latino community and underserved populations with nowhere else to turn. We serve all
communities by providing services that are culturally appropriate. For more than 50 years, we have led the way in
behavioral health, human services, and leadership development. In 2012, Valle expanded services to include primary care to holistically meet the healthcare needs of the community by assisting thousands of men, women, children, families, and the elderly through counseling, substance abuse treatment, support services, primary care, and nationally recognized leadership development programs. Operating five clinic locations and two mobile units in the Phoenix metro area, VdS employees provided behavioral health and primary care services to over 9,500 patients in 2022. Additionally, VdS provided COVID-19 related services (testing and vaccines) to more than 5,000 individuals in the same year at our clinic sites and through our mobile units.
The CEO’s short-term goals are aligned with four key areas – Financial Health, Programs and Services, People
Leadership, and Community Engagement.
- Work with key staff to generate patient volume and revenue opportunities.
- In light of the significant evolution Valle has experienced in recent years, create a new business model for that enables long-term success and sustainability.
- Build relationships with funding partners and payors to evaluate supplementary funding sources.
Programs and Services
- Ensure services and activities are meeting the needs and addressing the issues of the underserved communities Valle exists to serve.
- Ensure the quality of services offered meets or exceeds standards and payor commitments.
- As the steward of the organization’s culture, lead a team of direct reports which include finance, program,
administration, HR, marketing & development professionals.
- Responsible for setting and modeling an internal culture of excellence and accountability.
- Maintain appropriate connects with national, state, and local organizations who support Valle’s work.
- May develop business opportunities with all segments of the community such as business, industry, healthcare, government, and other funding sources.
The ideal candidate:
We anticipate the ideal and chosen candidate will fit most but perhaps not all of the criteria below. We encourage
people who can demonstrate successful experience in similar roles with similar challenges to apply.
- Your values align with Valle’s values:
- Integrity and Honesty: We always tell the truth and do what we say
- Diversity: we value everyone: their talents, beliefs and uniqueness
- Commitment: We keep our promises to our self, staff, service recipients, stakeholders
- Teamwork: We work in unison towards a shared vision
- Excellence: We create the standards by which all others are measured
- Respect: We preserve the dignity of all people and always treat others with courtesy
- You have ten years of management level experience (people and processes), especially if they were in community health, primary and/or behavioral health operations in an executive leadership role
- Considering you will be leading a team of professionals with advanced degrees, you have a college degree or
significant equivalent experience such as leading a complex business as an executive ideally in our industry
- Proven successful engagement in community required
- Successful experience leading organization-wide change required
- Process improvement – six sigma, TQM, or similar desirable
- Can demonstrate advanced competency in:
- Analytical Problem Solving: Anticipating, analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems
- Decision Making: Utilizing effective processes to make decisions
- Leadership: Achieving extraordinary business results through people
- Goal Orientation: Energetically focuses efforts on meeting a goal, mission or objective
- Management: Achieving extraordinary results through effective management of resources, systems and processes
- Empathy: Identifying with and caring about others
What’s in it for you:
The opportunity to lead a landmark organization with a rich history and deep community impact.
- Put your operational skills to work – deep dive into process improvements, quality enhancements, employee
- Work closely with an engaged and dedicated board
- Base compensation between $190,000 and $200,000 based on experience
- 120 hours of PTO in years 1 – 3 plus paid sick leave
- 401k with company matching
- $600 car allowance per month
- Medical PPO or PPO with HSA options (employee share of premium varies between $4 and $290 per pay period depending on coverage level -individual or family- and plan selected)
- Health Savings Account with an employer contribution
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term Disability all are offered
The Hiring Process and Ideal Timing
While we recognize various factors can contribute to the timing of candidate selection, the board hopes to align
actions to the following schedule:
- March – candidate applications accepted and screened against profile of ideal candidate. Candidates
matching the profile will be invited to an initial interview (virtual). Candidates not matching the profile will
- April – initial interviews conducted
- May – second interviews with staff and community engagement
- June – finalist selected and offer extended
Send an email to CEOSearch@valledelsol.com with:
- Your cover letter that describes how your skills and knowledge align with the role and qualities of our ideal
candidate in pdf format
- Your resume that shows your relevant experience in pdf format