The Grant Writer will be responsible for writing proposals for unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant-funded projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate for grant opportunities
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources;
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs;
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors;
- Provide stewardship to current grantors, including working with a fellow grant writer to provide regular written updates (newsletters, etc.) to corporate and foundation grantors;
- Understanding of the organization’s history and programs;
- Make appointments with foundation officers and other prospects, arranging for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees);
Maintain current records in Virtuous (CRM) and paper files, including grant tracking and reporting – provide monthly update report to CDO;
- Collaborate /strategize with leadership to identify grant opportunities based on research knowledge and current CTC capital and operational requirements;
- Assist with other fundraising projects and events as requested;
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed to meet the facility’s needs at the discretion of the Chief Development Officer.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals;
- Strong editing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources;
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors;
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies;
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research;
- Strong contributor in team environments.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Concentration in business, community development, education, human resources, or social care.
- Previous grant writing experience or a similar position is preferred.
- HRSA grant writing is strongly preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Demonstrated interest in working with an underserved population.
- Performs related functions as required.
Click here for more information and to apply.