Job Summary: Under the direction of the Quality Improvement Director and in coordination with the Physicians and Nurse Practitioners, the HIV Care Coordinator works to lead Wesley’s efforts to diagnose, treat, prevent and respond to HIV in the communities surrounding Wesley’s Health Centers. This includes utilization of Wesley’s licensed mobile clinic and relying on existing community organization partnerships and developing new community partnerships, specifically in the LGBTQ community to leverage resources. This position will increase the number of Wesley patients counseled and tested for HIV, the number of patients prescribed PrEP, and the number of patients linked to HIV care and treatment.
- Assists with the smooth operation of HIV-related activities and ensures quality patient experiences. May supervise and provide direction to non-physician staff.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff, providers, and other departments. Serves as a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and patient information surrounding HIV care.
- Coordinates internal trainings to providers and staff on HIV resources, testing and PrEP availability.
- Creates strategies to identify patients and populations appropriate for PrEP prescriptions.
- Attends huddles with Wesley staff and providers to monitor progress in HIV at-risk patients, identifies opportunities for HIV related goals and implements clinical system improvements surrounding HIV care and treatment.
- Develops key relationships and partnerships in the LGBTQ community and among existing HIV organizations to leverage resources and improve outreach to educate the community on HIV and PrEP.
- Coordinates and schedules Wesley’s Mobile Clinic Events as needed.
- Participates in outreach events and meetings as applicable to job role.
- Maintains awareness of evidence-based best practices within the field of HIV health and provides staff with relevant information as it is learned.
- Promotes and believes in the Wesley Community Centers mission statement “Together We Empower Positive Change”.
- Must be knowledgeable of all relevant federal and state rules, regulations, and practices in a Federally Qualified Health Center.
- Must be knowledgeable of all relevant federal and state health care program requirements and assist in carrying out these programs.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or economic status.
- Must be willing to travel to other WHC locations.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to achieve the program objectives.
- Must pass a fingerprint background check.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification, Education, and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability – Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical Ability – Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability – Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Microsoft Edge), E Clinical Works
- Certificates and Licenses
• CPR in good standing required.
• Fingerprint clearance card required.
Click here for more information and to apply.