Government & Media Relations serves as a voice for Community Health Centers (CHCs), impacting policy and regulatory decisions that support the delivery of integrated health services across Arizona – especially in medically underserved communities and to medically underserved populations. We serve as a conduit of information on the policy and regulatory environment, advising CHCs on changes that affect them and educating elected and government officials on the needs of our CHCs and the patients they serve. We also collaborate on grassroots efforts to build awareness and demonstrate the value of the CHC model.
The Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers advocates for Arizona’s CHCs and the patients they serve by educating and building relationships with policy makers, state agencies, the general public, media outlets, and other stakeholders.
For media inquiries or public statements, please contact Jennifer J. Burns, Senior Director of Government & Media Relations, 602.288.7547.
As a strong voice for CHCs, we:
- Keep CHCs updated on changes in the complex policy and regulatory environment
- Advocate for CHC priorities in Congress and at the State Legislature
- Collaborate with CHCs on grassroots advocacy efforts to build awareness and demonstrate the value of the CHC model
- Build strong collaborative partnerships with local, state, and federal health, human service, and business organizations
- Partner with local, state, and federal agencies to advance policy and practices that meet the needs of CHCs and the communities they serve
- Work with the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) and other national partners on key legislative and regulatory issues
- Respond to media requests, oversee media events, and provide communications to Arizona’s CHCs and key stakeholders on federal and state policy issues
- Assist our CHCs in their relationships with regulatory agencies with an emphasis on matters of reimbursement for healthcare services to ensure CHC sustainability
- Arizona Governor https://az.gov/
- Arizona State Legislature https://www.azleg.gov/
- Arizona State Legislators https://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster/
- Congress https://www.congress.gov/
- U.S. Senators & Congressional Members https://www.congress.gov/members
- Register to Vote https://servicearizona.com/VoterRegistration/selectLanguage/