- Ensures billing and coding for all current and new medical and behavioral services are accurate, consistent, and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Ensures timely and accurate payment of claims to providers by submitting them to insurance companies for approval.
- Monitor, respond to, and communicate changes in billing requirements, regulations, and reimbursement rates, and maintain providers enrollments with payer.
- Prepares month-end closing of the billing groups within the FHC and Behavioral Health.
- Resolves all complex billing issues and implements quality assurance for all processes.
- Reviews all data entry on all patient charges, coding, billing, and refunds.
- Responsible for computer software for billings, mailing, recording and collection purposes and utilizes the RPMS and EHR.
- Maintain and review an organized billing and payment log and complete all crossover billing as necessary.
- Responsible for completing all insurance (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) billing forms and back-up information required.
- Responsible for keeping contact with responsible parties involved in payments due and oversight of accounts receivable.
- Prepares financial and statistical reports relating to billing for reporting purposes.
- Reports billing operations such as reimbursement and any delinquent account to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Supervises the billing and patient registration staff and provides training, orientation, and annual performance evaluations.
- Ensures privacy and confidentiality; HIPPA standards are enforced with all activities related to the Billing program as outlined and expected in protocols.
- Serves a key role in assisting medical providers in obtaining billing for each medical service provided to patients including enrolling new providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Health and/or Human services or related field; Two (2) or more years of previous experience administering and/or managing a billing program or equivalent field, with equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position. Level I Fingerprint Clearance, CPR/First Aid, and HIPAA Certification. Possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License. Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of billing processes and software.
- Knowledge of counseling principles, practices, and techniques sufficient to provide necessary and effective service to subordinates.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, DSM-4 diagnosis, CPT, CPT-2 and HCPCS codes, claim filing guidelines with Medicaid, Medicare, and third-party payors.
- Knowledge of computer programs specifically RPMS and EHR billing.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest, Resume and Transcripts. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968. Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272).
Salary: $55,000 annually
Click here to apply