Outreach & Enrollment (O&E)
Outreach & Enrollment centers on connection — from access to health coverage for patients to supporting Community Health Center (CHC) staff in building stakeholder relationships beyond clinical walls. We share best practices and amplify CHC visibility through community engagement and coalition-based work. We work to extend CHC reach, educate enrollment teams, and support financial sustainability.
CHCs across the state play a vital role in helping Arizonans understand and navigate state and federal health insurance programs. They employ staff to assist in the submission of applications for various programs, such as:
- AHCCCS (Arizona’s Medicaid program)
- KidsCare (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- Sliding Fee Scale
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Other referrals as needed
The Alliance provides training, consultation, and technical assistance to CHC staff who are tasked with application assistance and/or outreach. We accomplish our work by equipping CHC staff with updated information, peer-to-peer support, and facilitation of workgroups so that our communities are connected to quality and affordable healthcare.
To ensure access to care, we:
- Help Arizonans understand their health insurance options and facilitate their enrollment in health insurance
- Connect communities that have historically experienced lower access to health coverage and greater disparities in health outcomes to appropriate health coverage
- Teach best practices for exploring health coverage options with patients in a culturally sensitive manner
- Partner with CHCs and community organizations to increase health coverage throughout the state
The Alliance currently has two grants through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) focused on outreach and enrollment activities – the Health Insurance Navigator grant and the Connecting Kids to Coverage grant.
Through the Connecting Kids to Coverage grant, the Alliance reaches out to families with children and teens eligible for Medicaid and the Children's
Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to:
- Raise awareness about health coverage available under these programs
- Create opportunities for families to get their eligible children and teens signed up for coverage
- Motivate parents to enroll their children and teens and renew their coverage
- Provide outreach guides and toolkits that can be used to help states, community organizations, schools, health care providers and others organize and conduct successful outreach activities.
- AHCCCS www.azahcccs.gov/
- KidsCare www.azahcccs.gov/Members/GetCovered/Categories/KidsCare.html
- Health-e-Arizona Plus www.healthearizonaplus.gov
- Health Insurance Marketplace English: www.healthcare.gov Spanish: www.cuidadodesalud.gov
- Cover Arizona www.coveraz.org
- For AHCCCS, KidsCare, or Health Insurance Marketplace application assistance
Call: 1.800.377.3536 or make an appointment online: coveraz.org/connector/