Provide a high standard of preventative and general dental services within designated guidelines to pediatric dental patients of United Community Health Center Dental Care for Kids.
Responsible for providing treatment that meets or exceeds the standard of care; working in collaboration with dental staff during treatment of patients in an office setting and mobile dental RV setting.
- Deliver General dental services to UCHC patients within defined parameters of what procedures the clinic performs.
- Provides and manages direct patient dental care, including new patient examinations, periodic evaluations, emergency assessments, and treatment for patients.
- Develop treatment plans for dental patients.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions.
- As appropriate to the position, promote and participate in health education and/or prevention programs supporting UCHC and its mission.
- Takes calls after hours and on weekends on a rotation basis with other Dentists.
- Participation in continuing dental education programs to remain current with developments, skills procedures, and treatments required to maintain a dental license in good standing with AZ Board of Dental Examiners policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned in compliance with UCHC policies.
- Medical/Dental liability covered by Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited dental school
- Clinically fluent in Spanish helpful.
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills preferred.
- Excellent ability to educate, explain, and calm pediatric patients.
- Ability to maintain clinical privileges required.
- Reliable vehicle for transportation to work.
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Arizona.
- Current CPR (BLS) certification.
- DEA registration
- Credentialed with AHCCCS and other dental insurance accepted by UCHC.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability insurance available.
- Financial retirement benefits.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- NHSC and AZDHS Loan Repayment Eligible
Salary: Depends on Experience
Click here to apply