Position Summary: Under the direction of the CFO and in coordination with Wesley staff, customers and grantors the Accountant is responsible for invoicing all customers and grantors timely. Ensuring all grants, revenue and expenses are in balance. Monitoring Accounts Receivable and working with customers and grantors to ensure Wesley receives timely payments. Maintaining both revenue accounts and grant level identification within the general ledger. Develop and maintain a monthly entry of our practice management information, charges, adjustments and payments. Analyze the Practice Management system’s Account receivable and make necessary adjustments to AR. The Accountant will assist with maintaining internal controls, process improvement, budgets and budget controls and financial reporting and metrics both internal and external.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Know and understand grants and contracts to be able to invoice both customers and grantors timely.
- Ensure monthly that all grant revenue and expense accounts are in balance.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and work with customers and grantors to insure timely payments are received; report any balances over 30 days to the CFO.
- Develop and maintain a monthly entry of our practice management information; charges, adjustments, and payments.
- Analyze the practice management AR and make the appropriate adjustments.
- Timely responses to internal and external customer and grantor questions, concerns or issues..
- Ensure proper accounting of month-end; running P & L, reviewing for accuracy of all AR entries and enter accruals as necessary.
- Ensure all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Maintain effective, timely and professional communication with Wesley Employees and Management.
- Monitor AR Aging reporting resolving discrepancies and reporting balances over 30 days to CFO.
- Maintain all AR files.
- Assist with the maintenance of revenue and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with maintaining appropriate internal controls and process improvements with AR transactions.
- Assist with financial reporting and reporting metrics both internal and external.
Click here for more information and to apply.