Job Summary: Provides and manages a high standard of health care for patients in area of specialty.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnostic evaluations of labs and imaging or other diagnostic procedures, and treatment for patients within scope of practice.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, care coordinators, and support staff.
- Ensures completion of tasks, patient labs, imaging, and reports, as well as required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains patient records and provides accurate billing data.
- Participates in in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as appropriate.
- Participates in providing regular and meaningful peer review and feedback to other medical providers.
- Assists in facilitating and providing training and mentorship to improve and advance professional skills and competence of medical support and other clinical staff.
- Participates in education of clinical students, as well as community partners and undergraduate students, per the guidelines of CCHCI medical education programs.
Minimum Qualifications – Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduate Degree from Accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Current Arizona State License as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Board Certification in the area specific to position being filled.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Current CPR certification.
- Participates in continuing medical education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Two years of previous clinical experience preferred.
- Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Click here to apply!