Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Summary: Provides and manages a high standard of health care for pediatric patients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnostic evaluations of labs and imaging or other diagnostic procedures, and treatment for patients within scope of practice.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, care coordinators, and support staff.
- Ensures completion of tasks, patient labs, imaging, and reports, as well as required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains patient records and provides accurate billing data.
- Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as appropriate.
- Participates in providing regular and meaningful peer review and feedback to other medical providers.
- Assists in facilitating and providing training and mentorship to improve and advance professional skills and competence of Nurse Practitioners, and other pediatric-related providers and staff.
- Participates in education of clinical students, as well as community partners and undergraduate students, per the guidelines of CCHCI medical education programs.
Minimum Qualifications – Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Pediatrics with current Arizona State License as a Medical Doctor.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Current CPR certification.
- Participates in continuing medical education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Board Certification in specified profession preferred.
- Three or more years of clinical experience preferred.
- Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose effective instructions, correspondence, and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to continuously remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to constantly move about inside the workplace to assist patients, operate office or medical equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computers, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
- Possesses range of body motion and ability to exert enough force to lift and move pediatric patients.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform medical math that may include the use of ratio/proportion, dosage calculation, metric and household equivalents, roman numerals, abbreviations, and general math including percentages, etc.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Ability to resolve challenges and work under pressure.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment within the scope of field of specialty.
- Knowledge of current, evidence-based preventative primary care within the scope of field of specialty.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids.
- Knowledge of health care plans and community health centers.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor, and lead staff.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of a health clinic setting with occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work occasionally involves use of needles and other medical equipment with proximity to electrical current, and exposure to moving mechanical parts and some hazardous chemicals.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires occasional travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires the ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours.