Provides and manages a high standard of health care for patients in area of specialty.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Job duties may be modified at any time based on business needs.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnostic evaluations of labs and imaging or other diagnostic procedures, and treatment for patients within scope of practice.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, care coordinators, and support staff.
- Ensures completion of tasks, patient labs, imaging, and reports, as well as required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains patient records and provides accurate billing data.
- Participates in in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as appropriate.
- Participates in providing regular and meaningful peer review and feedback to other medical providers.
- Assists in facilitating and providing training and mentorship to improve and advance professional skills and competence of Physician’s Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and other clinical and outreach providers and staff.
- Participates in education of clinical students, as well as community partners and undergraduate students, per the guidelines of CCHCI medical education programs.
Required Minimum Qualifications – Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) in Psychiatry.
- Valid Arizona Medical License.
- Current CPR certification.
- Participates in continuing medical education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Drivers License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Board Certification in specified profession preferred.
- Three or more years of clinical experience preferred.
Click here to apply!