Provides and manages nutritional and dietary evaluations, recommendations, and services for specified populations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties that fall within the broad scope of this classification may be assigned.
The job duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, evaluation, and treatment for nutritional, dietary, and feeding risks or disorders.
- Consults with providers regarding patients’ diagnosis, prognosis, and progress.
- Develops and implements functional, measurable goals to address nutrition needs or dietary changes.
- Reassesses patient progress on goals and need for continued services on a regular basis.
- Assists in the identification, assessment, and intervention for patients referred to and/or in need of nutrition services/evaluation or diagnosed with nutrition related disease.
- Ensures patients and families receive accurate explanations of nutritional assessments and goals for needed changes or maintenance of health.
- Develops services that address the functional needs of the patient to improve health and development in a manner that reflects understanding of family dynamics that affect patient health.
- Instructs patient and/or family members in the proper and safe usage of supplements, formulas, diets, and activity.
- Assists in coordination of services and recommends appropriate referrals as needed.
- Collaborates with community agencies and professionals in order to provide timely and seamless services to eligible patients and families.
- Develops and maintains patient progress reports and documentation.
- Provides consultation and timely reports of patient evaluation, reassessments, and disposition to providers.
- Participates in specified nutrition promotion, education and/or prevention programs for associated nutritional health issues as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in required staff meetings.
- Participates in documentation reviews.
Minimum Qualifications – Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree with course work approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- Completed an accredited, supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency or foodservice corporation.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills.
- Participates in continuing education programs to maintain professional competence and skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Certification in pediatrics and/or nutrition support and diabetes education preferred.
Click here to apply!