North Country HealthCare is a non-profit health organization comprised of 15 clinics throughout 12 communities in Northern Arizona. Our focus is to create healthier communities and ensure that not one person is without access to Primary Care.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Assist in hiring, training and reviewing performance of Certified Medical Assistants. Supervise and delegate team’s roles and responsibility to ensure back office flows properly. Monitor and prioritize workflow and schedules to optimize quality patient care that is given in an atmosphere of respect and dignity. Required to also perform all duties of a Certified Medical Assistant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor and train Certified Medical Assistants to continually improve performance and skill level.
- Effectively manage and delegate clinical team’s roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure the clinical back office flows properly.
- Oversee state reports and logs are maintained monthly.
- Inventory management/ordering of supplies, vaccines, medications.
- Perform Certified Medical Assistant duties including, work-up charts, call patients, put them in an exam room, obtain historical information and vital signs.
- Handle phone messages for physicians and nurses and make calls to obtain information from hospitals, labs, other physician offices and ancillary departments for each patient’s medical record.
- Call patients and provide report findings from diagnostic tests and remind them of repeat diagnostic tests.
- Promote a positive work environment in which team members willingly assist one another to provide quality patient care.
- Resolve patient issues.
- Ensure OSHA, HIPAA, and all government regulations are followed.
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in nursing and three or more years of clinical nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid State of Arizona R.N. license in good standing.
- Communications and interpersonal skills sufficient to interact and exchange information with coworkers, supervisors and patients.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Current CPR certification, immunizations, and PPD status
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, no nights or weekends
- Health Insurance starts on Day 1 for as low as $5 per pay check
- Dental, Vision, 401K
- 22 Days of PTO and PST combined with 6 paid Federal Holidays in first year
- $3,000 Sign on Bonus
Click here to apply.